The Cheshire in St. Louis draws on the city's German, English and Irish heritage, offering Old-World charm in a comfortable, contemporary fashion. European influences abound, from the cheese and sausage boards at the Fox and Hounds Tavern and the lobby's impressive display of antiques to the left-driving traffic greeting visitors once they enter the lodge front gates. Within walking distance to Forest Park, this historic hotel in St. Louis offers free transportation to the St. Louis Zoo, the History Museum, the Art Museum, the Science Center, the Muny Opera and Powell and Fox Theaters. Six Fantasy Suites, ranging in theme from the Captain's Quarters to the Tree House at Sherwood Forest, are also available upon request.
More info about The Cheshire
The Cheshire is located in the center of the St. Louis Metropolitan area and is just one block from Forest Park with immediate access to Highway 40, it takes only minutes to get wherever you need to go downtown or in Clayton. Great restaurants and attractions are with in walking distance as well as universities, shopping and hospitals.
Cheshire old world elegance with a touch of whimsy. Maintaining the tradition of the hotel history and style, but with 21 century amenities.The 105 guestrooms are located in two, four-story, Tudor-beam and stucco towers. All rooms have either complimentary wireless Internet access (first floor) or dial-up Internet access (floors 2-4). Rooms have leaded-glass windows that open, dark-wood furniture including a chair, sofa or settee, desk, and tall TV cabinet. English-themed paintings and tapestries decorate the walls.
For dining, the hotel offers the Fox and Hounds Tavern, and a continental breakfast is served in the board room near the hotel lobby from 6:30 AM to 9:30AM Monday thru Friday and 7 AM to 10:30 AM Saturday and Sunday.
Hotel amenities include a complimentary shuttle service within a 5-mile radius that is provided on request, from early morning until late evening; and a room off the lobby that contains a complimentary computer with high-speed Internet access.
The 1,300-acre St. Louis Forest Park, across the street from the hotel, contains golf courses; a seven-mile hiking and running path; tennis, squash, and handball courts; and an ice skating rink. Canoes and rowboats can be rented at a small lake in the park.
Please note that this is a completely smoke free hotel.
- Indoor/Outdoor pool
- Complimentary shuttle service to nearby downtown and Clayton
- Continental breakfast served M-F
- Complimentary Coffee
- In-room dial-up Internet service
- Complimentary gym access
- In-room iron/ironing board
- Complimentary USA Today
- Computer center with High-speed Internet access
- On-site Fox and Hounds Tavern
Our Low Price Hotel Guarantee
We are confident that our hotel prices are guaranteed to be the lowest rate you can find. If you find a lower rate for your hotel on another site, we’ll refund the difference to you. Book with us and enjoy total peace of mind!
If you find a lower rate at any time up until hotel's cancellation window, we'll match the price. The lower price you find needs to be for the same dates, length of stay and room type.
Found a better price?
- The lower price you found must be available on another website directed to consumers in the same locale, and must be for the same hotel, dates and room type.
- If you used a coupon/discount voucher when you made your original booking, you can still claim under the guarantee. We will use the total discounted price you paid and compare this to the lower price you found in order to calculate your refund.
- If you have made a booking which cannot be cancelled — whether it is non-refundable or if you are already within the cancellation window for the hotel — then you can't claim under the guarantee. Bookings that were part of a specific promotion (e.g. 3 nights for the price of 2) are also excluded from claiming under the guarantee.
- Once we have confirmed that you are due a refund under the guarantee we will issue the refund to the card you paid with at the time of booking. We will process your refund immediately but it may take your bank up to 30 days to process it and for it to show on your statement.
- StLouis.com doesn't charge cancellation fees
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- We're just a phone call away: 1.800.275.0905 or 00.800.1610.1690 (Europe)